What you need:
- Selection of shoes, boots and wellies
- Paper and pencil
This is an an indoor or outdoor game for one or more children. After each ‘hunt’ a little tidy up of the hunting area is mandatory!
How to play:
- Get together 5 to 10 pairs of shoes, boots and wellies (some from each family member.)
- Break into two teams and name your team.
- On a piece of paper draw as many columns as teams and write each team’s name on top. On another piece of name write down the scoring system: Wellies, 10 points; Boots, 5 points; shoes, 2 points.
- Decide on an area to play e.g. the garden, the bedrooms, all of downstairs etc. Decide on how many shoes, boots or wellies to hide – start small. Decide on how many hunts to do.
- One team goes to another room where they can’t see or hear the other team. The other team begins hiding their footwear.
- The first team is given 1 minute to find as many shoes as possible. Once the time is up bring all the found shoes together and count the score.
- Repeat 5 and 6 for the next team.
- Increase the number of shoes and amount of time for the next rounds.
- The winning team is the one with the highest score.