Mother May I
This is a great concentration game for kids and quite imaginative allowing the kids to create moves and shapes!
What you need:
- Just people!
How to play:
- One person is It and stands at one end of the yard/garden. Everyone else stands in a line facing It.
- It calls to each player one at a time giving them directions for the type of move forward they can take and how many e.g. “Taragh, take 5 hops forward on your left foot.” These can be simple requests like steps or hope or more difficult ones like ‘spin around and hop 3 times and clap you hands. They can even be really crazy one’s like ‘pretend you’re popcorn and pop 5 times’ – It can demonstrate the action!
- Before the person called can step forward they must ask It “Mother may I?”. If they don’t ask, they go back to the starting line and miss their turn.
- If they do ask, It responds with “Yes you may”. The person can then complete their action.
- It calls on each person over and over. The winner is the first person to get to It.