What you need:
- A chalk
- A ball, bean bag or stone
This is an outdoor game for one or more children.
How to play:
- Draw out a grid with 6 squares across and 6 down.
- In each square get your child/children to draw different shapes of different colours e.g. pink squares, blue circles etc. Colours and shapes can be repeated.
- Number the squares 1-36 like a snakes and ladders board.
- On their go, each child throws a stone anywhere in the grid. They must hop from 1-36 only hopping on squares of the same colour their stone landed in e.g. hop in all pink shapes.
- In the next round the child must hop from 1-36 only hopping on the squares of the same shape of the square their stone lands in e.g. hop in all triangles.
- In the next round the child must hop from 1-36 by jumping on the squares of the same shape AND colour of the square their stone landed in e.g. jump to all green diamonds. Depending on the combination of the sqaures this will be either challenging or impossible!