Bug Hunt (I)
What you need:
- Bug discovery kit (tweezers, magnifying glass, plastic container)
- Colouring pencils/crayons
This is an outdoor game for any number of children. Set out no-go zones before you start.
How to play:
- Give each child a piece of paper and some colouring pencils/crayons.
- Ask your child to think of as many types of bugs as they can and ask them to draw these on one side of the paper
- Bring the discovery set outside and try to find as many of these as possible. Put them into the plastic container.
- Go inside back to the drawings of the bugs. How many did your child find?
- draw pictures of any of the bugs your child hadn’t drawn but found outside.
Tips! Bugs like to live under things or in dark places so good places to look is under rocks, flower pots and furniture. In hedges and along fences are good places too.