What you need:
- A chalk
- A juggling ball (or other ball that doesn’t bounce but will roll)
This is an outdoor game for one or more children. It can be played inside using masking tape to mark out the circles
How to play:
- Draw five circles on the ground each inside the one before, as per the picture. Write in the scoring for each ring.
- Set a target to reach. 200 is a good start.
- Take it in turns to throw the juggling ball into the circles. Where ever the ball lands that’s your score. Keep adding your own score up and the first person to reach the target wins!
- Separate the circles and randomly mix the sizes and scores. This game will last longer as if the ball rools out of the circle, no score!
- using the variation above, introduce minus points. Draw a box above or below the circles area and write in a minus score e.g. minus 10. Or draw a bigger circle around each circle, colour in and or around each circle and assign a minus score. This will challenge the kids to subtract as well as add.
Image source: Zoom Boom Kids